Most Saturdays at the Petersen house are limited to a single activity or two. After all, it’s our big day to clean, and if we are lucky, we can sneak in a nap. (We are rarely that lucky.)
Today, however, started at 6:15 a.m. and was jam-packed. Full, but fabulous. Here are the highlights:
- A 5-mile run. Since running my Nashville half marathon, I had run just once, and only three miles. So this morning, I hit the Huntsville Greenway and was weary, thinking I would just do three miles again. Thankfully, I plugged past that third mile and it was mind over matter: I ran 5 miles and felt fantastic.
- Mormor teaches Norwegian. Mormor (Norwegian for granny) bought the girls journals and proceeded to write Norwegian translations in them. She started with the basics: sun=sol, grass=gress, light=lys, you get the idea. Serina and Sophia ate it up and are hungry for more. Flinke jenter!
The HOTC Dog Fair. Put on by the Huntsville Obedience Training Club, the Dog Fair on Monte Sano attracted hundreds of dogs and their people. The girls had a blast and it was a great opportunity to see all of the charitable organizations committed to the well-being of canines.
- Southern Cord. I had a fabulous opportunity to once again present the lifesaving properties available through the adult stem cells found in cord blood. Twelve more Huntsville couples — expectant parents — now understand how important these undifferentiated cells are and what a difference they can make should their child, God forbid, suffer from one of the 85 diseases currently treatable with cord blood.
- Hotel Transylvania. Serina is 7 and Sophia is 5. They loved it!
- Bridge Street Town Center. The girls and I wrapped up the night with Mormor at BridgeStreet. We made a Gymboree stop and enjoyed Maggie Moo’s ice cream, but the girls’ highlight was face painting. My highlight? Stealing a few minutes to myself to visit Soma Intimates where I bought some new… intimates. Oh, the things I used to take for granted!
Hope you have many relaxing weekends ahead, but should you have a full Saturday, I hope it is absolutely fabulous!